AES Diploma in Body Massage aims to:
- Ensure a candicate to gain employment in the beauty industry
- Enable candicate to provide full body massage treatment with effective massage medium
RECOGNITION Upon successful completion, graduates of this programme can be allocated to salons to work as masseuse.
COURSE STRUCTURE The course consists of 2 units with a total of 120 contact hours. Courses are delivered face to face.
Areas to be covered in Theory:
- Health, Hygiene & Bacteriology
- Business Studies
- Professional ethic / Salon Procedures
- The Skin
- Body Massage
- Skeletal System
- Respiratory System
- Endocrine System
- Muscular System
- Circulatory System
- Digestive System
- Figure Diagnosis
- Skin Diseases
- Cells and Tissues
- Urinary System
- Neurological System
Areas to be covered in Practical:
- Unit Introduction
- History of the Development of Swedish (classical) Massage
- Contraindications that prevent treatment (requiring medical permission)
- Contraindications that restrict treatment
- Client care
- Medium for the treatment and client's skin type
- Classical massage movements and their physiological and psychological effects
- Demonstrate areas to be massaged
- Contra-actions or reactions to treatment
- Homecare advice after treatment
Course Fees, Structure & Duration The course can be taken within a period of 1 month for Full Time and 3 Months for Part Time.
Total Course Fees Payable
* Price stated above are for Singaporean/PR or students that do not need to apply for student pass ONLY.
** Price stated above are for students who needs to apply for student pass ONLY or needs to get approval from ICA. (eg. Dependent Pass, Long Term Visit Pass & Foreigners)
- Medical Insurance
- Rental of Locker
- $214 Student Pass Processing Fee (Optional for International Student)
- Miscellaneous Fees (VIEW)
New intake falls on every 2nd & 4th week of the month.
At the commencement of each module, students will be provided the assessment mode and weightings for the module. Most modules have several points of assessment, which may include assignments, tests and final examinations. In-House Examinations Theory 30 minutes (multi choice paper). Practical 1 hour 15 minutes includes 15 minutes examiner instructions.
- At least 16 years old & above
- Academic: Secondary 3 (Grade 9) or equivalent or above
- Language: Proficiency in English or Chinese
- English - Min. grade C6 (50% or higher); at least IELTS 4.5 or higher or a pass in GCE“N” Level English; or its equivalent
- Mandarin - Min. grade C6 (50% or higher); at least pass in GCE“N” Level Mandarin; or its equivalent
- Must attend all lessons with minimum 100% attendance.
- Candidates are required to score a minimum of 60% in both theory and practical examination in order to graduate from course.