International Students

Cost of Living

Tips for save the costs:
1. Get some roommate to share the rental fee.
2. Stay near with school, there will reduce the costs of transport.

Health Insurance

AES has in place a Medical Insurance (MI) scheme for all its students* as required by CPE under the EduTrust certification scheme. This medical insurance scheme will minimally provide for an annual coverage limit of not less than S$20,000 per student, at least B2 ward in government and restructured hospitals and 24 hours coverage in Singapore and overseas (if student is involved in school-related activities) throughout the course duration. To know more about insurance scheme for International Students, click (VIEW)


1. Locating an address
In Singapore, every HDB block is prominently numbered.

Example: Block 65 Kallang Bahru #05-329 Singapore 330065 Block 65 Kallang Bahru (The flat is located in Block 65 at Kallang Bahru) #05-329 (On the 5th storey, the unit number is 329) Singapore 330065 (Postal code is 330065. You need to quote this postal code in mail correspondence.)

2. Public Transport
Singapore has a Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) and Light Rail Transit (LRT) rail system consisting of five lines which is East West Line, North South Line, North East Line, Circle Line and Downtown Line. There is also a system of bus routes throughout the island, most of which have air conditioning units installed due to Singapore’s tropical climate. Bus Service Buses in Singapore generally run from 5.45am to 11pm. SBS Bus Guide (VIEW) MRT Service MRT in Singapore generally run from 5.45am to 11pm. MRT Guide (VIEW) Passengers may purchase the Single Trip ticket at the MRT/ LRT station where they board or they may also use their EZ-link card, which is available at Transitlink Ticket Sales Offices or the Passenger Service Centre at MRT/ LRT Stations.


There are big trio of Singapore telecommunication which is Singtel, Starhub and M1. – For information about SINGTEL, please click (VIEW) – For more information about STARHUB, please click (VIEW) – For more information about M1, please click (VIEW)


Foreign student who are holding the student pass are not allowed to work in Singapore during term time or vacation time unless they are granted work pass exemption under the Employment of Foreign manpower (Work Pass Exemption) Notification.


Students are strongly advised to look for their own accommodation before they arrive in Singapore.

Type of Accommodation
Shared Houses/ Apartment Students can look for a department or unit to share. There will reduce the costs of living. Residents do their own cleaning and may have to pay their own utility bills. Stay with Owner Tenants may have to pay the rental fee. Basically the rental fee including the utility bills! Private Hostel A few privately run hostels take in polytechnic students. Each has its own range of charges for room and board, and facilities.

Please click below link to get more information:
Property Guru

Notification of Change in Address
Schools can now login to SOLAR+ via ‘e-Update of Address’ to report any changes in the student’s address. An acknowledgement will be sent within minutes if the report is successfully registered by the system. Alternatively, the student may also deposit the ‘Change of Address’ form into the drop-box located at the Student’s Pass Unit near Counter 19. It will take 2 weeks to process the application and the student will be informed of the outcome by post.